When I don’t hear from a boy I eat. I eat until my stomach is so full.
I don’t participate in many activities except eating & watching TV.
I disregard the gym and life outside of my house.
When I get in a good groove I feel good. I’m not a slave to my phone and I leave the house. Then I’ll meet a guy and I’ll feel happy. We’ll talk all the time, I’ll think he’s the one — & then we’ll meet and I’ll further convince myself that yes, he is THE ONE.
We’ll make out, fool around, maybe more.
We’ll see each other again — & the slow decline begins: less texts/I have to initiate. I’ll start having expectations like “It’s Friday night therefore we are hanging out.” AND I wait around to hear from him, decline other invites if any arise and make my life revolve around someone I just met.
BLACK & WHITE — I deserve to be cherished and asked out.
I am a lovely woman and I deserve to be treated the way I would treat a man: with love, honour and devotion.
I focus on me, but quickly get lost in the chase for a man & lose myself.
10 Unhealthy Dating Patterns And How To Break Them (summarized)
The article linked above is worth reading a few times! In fact, I’ve bookmarked it. We all know love is blind, so here are a few tips:
- No Fantasizing: hard to control, but when you catch yourself reliving that great date, STOP! Snap back into reality
- Do Not Get Involved With Unavailable Men: Self explanatory
- Stop Chasing Guys: They will ask you out
- SLOW DOWN: Get to know the person before declaring them your soulmate. Keep your first few dates confined to a shorter period of time so as to avoid that We talked all night! high, followed by the Where the fuck did he go? low.
- Be Cautious of TMI: Don’t tell each other your life stories off the bat
- Persure Your Own Dreams: Don’t date a guy just because he has the success you want for yourself
- Approve of Yourself: No need to seek outside approval
- LIVE YOUR LIFE: Do not sit around and wait for a text
- Again, LIVE YOUR LIFE: Keep active with all that you would normally do
- No More Brief, Chaotic Relationships Followed by Periods of Isolation: When operating like the above, you will find yourself here. (Like me: in the last six months I have had countless two week “relationships.”) You will slowly lose yourself and the ability to function how you normally would. Let go of these bad dating patterns, reach out to friends for support, let yourself heal.
I am willing to release the pattern in my consciousness that has created this condition. I release the past and let it wash away. I take back my own power.