I’ve had a hard time with mental housecleaning today. My inside voice has not been kind today. When negativity arose this morning while I sat on the toilet, I said to myself:
“I love & approve of myself, I love & approve of myself, I love & approve of myself.”
I have limiting beliefs that are running my life, or lack of life.
– I’m not good enough
– Lack of self-love
– Life is dangerous
These are beliefs that were instilled in me growing up. Things that were said by relatives, teachers, friends, authority figures. If we write down these negative messages, we can objectively see where certain beliefs came from.
Some beliefs that make me feel not good enough
– My grandma told an old boyfriend of mine I was lazy.
– My grandfather always cautioned someone would steal me when I went outside
– My brother called me stupid & a loser
– My grade 5 teacher called me pokey
– My aunts ask when I’ll have good news that I’m with someone (because apparently that is all that matters in this world)
& so on.
Louise Hay says to toss them out; let them go as easily as you would scrape bits of food into the trash after a meal.
Would you really dig into yesterday’s garbage to make tonight’s dinner?
Do you dig into old mental garbage to create tomorrow’s experiences?
If a thought or belief doesn’t serve you let it go. Just because you believe it once, doesn’t mean you have to believe it forever.
Free & forgive these people, then you will be able to free yourself.
Here is a great mediation that can help by Ellaeenah Jadefire Healing The Inner Child
Can you relate?